Behavioral Health Community Based Therapist I - Treatment for Healthy Alternatives - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Nationwide Children’s Hospital Behavioral Health has positions open for highly motivated clinicians to provide intensive home and community-based clinical services to adolescents with co-occurring substance use and emotional disorders using the Integrated Co-Occurring Treatment (ICT) model.
ICT expands upon the Intensive Home Based Treatment model to provide treatment to families and youth whose combined mental health and substance abuse issues have caused impairment at home, school, and/or in the community.
The goal is to stabilize mental health, behavioral, and substance abuse concerns and safely maintain the youth in the least restrictive environment.
The ICT Therapist will typically have two to five contacts with clients and families during the week and a family’s length of stay in the program is four to six months.
24/7 crisis support is provided by the ICT Team.
Clinician duties include assessment, individual and family therapy, advocacy, and collaboration with community partners.
Experience working with adolescents with alcohol and drug problems is not required, but clinicians must be open to learning about and working with a dual diagnosis population.
ICT places significant emphasis on clinician development and ongoing training, including the clinical supervisor being easily accessible to the Team.
Consultation and supervision in utilizing the ICT model is provided weekly.
1. Remains current in required licensure and clinical or other training as required.
Satisfactory progress toward independent licensure is expected.
2. Accurately assesses and documents client presenting problems, history, symptomology, mental status, diagnosis and prescribes initial interventions in a timely manner.
3. Meets with client/family to assist in developing specific, realistic, and measurable treatment goals and objectives.
4. Employs strategies of intervention that are consistent with empirically supported treatments and consistent with program expectations.
5. Remains current in general knowledge of psychopharmacology in pediatric behavioral healthcare and collaborates consistently with team psychiatrist.
6. Participate in a paid rotating on-call procedure that provides families with 24-hour, 7-days a week accessibility and availability in crisis and acute situations.
7. Completes clinical charting and other related administrative paperwork in accordance with policy standards.
8. Practices within professional areas of expertise and under the supervision of an independently licensed practitioner.
9. Maintains productivity expectations.
10. Effectively coordinates client care with other service providers and community resources to assure continuity of care.
11. Meets regularly with Clinical Lead Supervisor, Clinical Coordinator or designee.
12. Attends routine staff meetings.
13. Attends in-service trainings, peer review and other intra-agency and supervisory activities.
14. Demonstrates willingness to seek/accept direct supervision as well as respect productive feedback from colleagues and others.
15. Strives to maintain positive patient satisfaction.
16. Supports the philosophy, goals and mission of Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by Clinical Coordinator or Administrator
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy.
2. Experience working with adolescents with alcohol and drug problems is not required, but Clinicians must be open to learning about and working with a dual diagnosis population.
3. Appropriate Ohio License to practice required (LSW, LISW, LPC, LPCC).
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Typing on computer - Constantly
Using phone - Frequently
Sitting - Frequently
Standing - Occasionally
Lifting - Occasionally
Walking - Frequently
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $61,000.00 - $79,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Columbus, OH: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Please enter your email to receive a job alert when similar jobs are available. You can cancel job alerts at any time!